1. Christopher Columbus discovered America in . . .
a) 1402 b) 1392 c) 1492 d) 1482
2. There are … stripes on the American flag.
a) 60 b) 13 c) 9 d) 7
3. The colours of the American flag are … .
a) red, white, green b)red, white, blue c)red, white, dark blue d) red and blue
4. There are… states in the United States of America.
а) 19 b)23 с) 50 d)48
5. The US is washed by the … in the west.
а) Black Sea b) Japan Sea c) Northern Sea d) Pacific Ocean
6. About… million people live in the US.
a) 300 b)250 c)450 d) 180
7. The greatest river in the US is the… .
а)Amazon River b) Colorado c) Mississippi d) Missouri
8. The . . . is one of America’s main tourist attractions.
a) Grand Canyon b) Grand River c) Big Canyon d) High Mountain
9. The United States sometimes called the …. .
a)«Old World» b) «New World» c) «Young World» d) «Wild World»
10. . . .an American astronaut, the first man who stepped on the Moon in 1969.
a)Paul Mc Courtney b)Diesel Washington c) Bill Williams d) Neil Armstrong
11. The capital of US is… .
a) New York b)Los Angelis c) Washington d) Seattle
12. The Congress is divided into two parts: the House of Representatives and the …
a) Senate b) Church c)White Hall d)Parliament
13. A senator’s term is ….
a)6 month b) 6 years c) 10 years d) 12 years
14. A person who wants to become President must be at least… years old.
a) 45 b) 18 c) 24 d) 35
15. Americans vote for the president in … of every leap year.
a) January b) April c) November d) December
16. A person who wants to become President must live in the US for at least . . . years before becoming President.
a) 10 b)20 c) 14 d) 25
17. According to the US Constitution, a president must be elected every . . . years.
a) 4 b) 6 c) 2 d) 5
18.To become a US president you must be . . . or older.
a) 45 b) 25 c) 35 d) 21
19. The … War lasted from 1861 till 1865.
World b) Big c) Cold d) Civil
Columbus b)George Washington c) Abraham Lincoln d) Bill Clinton
21. George Washington was born in ….
Virginia b)Washington c) New York d) Hollywood
22. George Washington died in ….
1179 b) 1750 с) 1810 d) 1814
23. Abraham Lincoln was the … President of the USA.
a)2 nd b)7 th c)11 th d)16 th
24. Abraham grew up in the ….
a)South Middle West b)Middle East c) Middle West d) North
25. Abraham Lincoln became 16th American President in ….
a) 1850b) 1861 c)1867 d) 1882
26. Abe Lincoln was a professional….
a)lawyer b)story-teller c) teacher d) military man
27. Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation in … .
a)1836b)1863 c) 1888 d) 1900
28. George Washington was born in a … family.
a)artist’sb)planter’s c) painter’s d) dancer’s
29. The first US President is known to all Americans as ….
a)«The Father of the Country» b)«The Father of the Nation» c)«The Father of the America»
d)«The Mother of the Nation»
30. America is called as “a melting pot” because . . .
a) there are no old customs and traditions b) all people who live there are called “Americans”
c) its people are a mixture of different nationalities