Автор: Брайнин Борис, 11 класс, МБОУ СОШ № 67 с углубленным изучением отдельных предметов, г.Екатеринбург
Crossword «Sport in Britain»
1. A sport in which a bat and a ball are used. It is very popular in England.
2. World’s most popular sport.
3. Look at the picture!
4. Playing sport indoors with rackets.
5. The oldest player in the English football championship.
6. Sports game in which individual participants or teams compete by driving a ball into a small hole punches special sticks, trying to get assigned to the distance in the minimum number of strokes.
7. The current coach of the England rugby team.
8. The best scorer of England in its history (260 goals).
9. A standard set of 9 golf clubs for golf.
10. The city hosted the World Cup Cricket in 1975.
11. Blow in squash.
12. Look at the picture!
13. British sport in which athletes are in the boat and rowing oars for distillation.
14. Full contact team sport which originated in England in the early 19th century.
15. English football team – the winner of the Champions League in 2012.
16. A sport usually played between two players 9 (singles) or between two teams of two players each (doubles). Each player uses a racket that is strung to strike a hollow rubber ball covered with felt over a net and into the opponent’s court.
17. Look at the picture!
18. In 1873, Major Walter … British Army officially patented tennis.
19. It is a racquet sport played by either two opposing players (singles) or two opposing pairs (doubles), who take positions on opposite halves of a rectangular court that is divided by a net. Players score points by striking a shuttlecock with their racquet so that it passes over the net and lands in their opponents’ half of the court.
20. Place where you throw a golf ball.
21. Place of the UEFA Champions League Final 2011.
22. The most titled football club in England.
23. The sport club, founded in 1782, which became the world’s most famous cricket club.
24. Look at the picture!
25. England is home to the oldest football club in the world. It is …